A 73 Sport, USA to Australia ! The Advenuture !!!!!

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

A 73 Sport, USA to Australia ! The Advenuture !!!!!

Post by Gum »

Over the next 6mths or so I will use this forum, from purchase to rego. USA to Adelaide Australia. I think you will all find this very unusual and interesting. Thanks Gum
Last edited by Gum on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

The Bike

Post by Gum »

Its in the USA, I have flights booked for the 10th of Feb to pick it up. Its complete and I paid good money it. I arrive back on the 25th of Feb with the bike. Also a bit of holiday in the USA while we are there. What is missing, I have been assured that it come with the bike. Its all been stored for 24 years. I had a 900ss 1975 when I was 16 in 1976, then another 2 Ducati's since then, this will be my last and is my favorite, just love those round cases. Thanks Gum

Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

Good luck mate, I look forward to hearing your story, nice to see you are bringing it "home"
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Flights

Post by Gum »

All booked via Qantas. Melbourne to LAX, then 3 days in Seattle. Friday the 13th we fly to Tulsa and get the SUV and the Sport, then a lazy 11 days to drive to LAX. Hope to get down south and then head west and up the coast. Here is a pic of a 75 900SS that I had when I was 16, the pic is taken in the Adelaide hills around 1977, sorry about the bad quality and the other pics. I do have very good pics of it somewhere that were taken by a good 35mm. I have had 2 other Ducati's since then but this was by far the best. Its really strange, but the girl that I was seeing, [ in the pic ] now works as a Qantas Hosite, Melbourne to LAX is her regular flight and yes she fly's on Tuesdays to LAX. Thanks Gum

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

ya gotta love a girl who'll travel on the hump
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

go get `em

Post by Lumpy »

Go get `em Gum!!! Bring that puppie home.
austduke
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by austduke »

Good luck with it Gum . I hope you have a great adventure in the US. I look forward to reading about it here.

Just make sure you have your paperwork completed. I hear it can be a real hassle if its not. Cheers Pete
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

DO YA REMEMBER andrew wilson and the old days of the bike factory when all parts were available but only after 2 pm
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Pulling it apart.

Post by Gum »

The dismantling has begun, the bloke I have bought it off will pull it down so it can fit into our SUV. He has another six days or so till we arrive. The engine will be complete at this stage, the rest will be all apart. It looks good I think. Thanks Gum

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Thats a good looking plugged chicken you got there :lol:
The one that was at ebay got passed in at US$25k
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=001
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

In the USA

Post by Gum »

Well we arrived safe and sound, the two of us took 4 bags, mostly empty with lots of tape, cardboard and bubble wrap, also lots of gladwrap. After a few days in Seattle we flew into Tulsa to get the bike, boy is it cold there.

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Packed

Post by Gum »

Its interesting that when I got the bike it had the correct shocks on it, he had made a mistake saying the GT ones were correct. All stripped. packed and wrapped and a night in Tulsa we are off.

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

The Tank

Post by Gum »

The Tank is all packed with as many parts as I can get with it, then posted back home. Its packed with donut foam before sealing.

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Some Singles

Post by Gum »

DesmoDog
750 GT

Re: In the USA

Post by DesmoDog »

Gum wrote:Image
I hate you. And I mean that in the best possible way. :shock:

Seriously though, I am quite jealous of your collection!

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”