A 73 Sport, USA to Australia ! The Advenuture !!!!!

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Art? Too true. Well I'm clearly biased, but in my opinion, the Sport is the sexiest bevel twin ducati ever produced - bar none.

There's some controversial opinion!
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

nice

Post by kracka »

Gyday Gum,

i dont say much on/in here but im always reading posts etc,and what your doing is very enjoyable to follow.keep up the good work.makes my rums taste that much better. ;)

Kracka
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

Thanks for that Kracka. If want another good read of mine of a USA import go to the link, over 28,000 views. [ below ] I have made the new brake lines, painted the headlight brackets, fitted the headlight and gauges. Pics to come. Thanks Gum.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281391

Thanks Gum.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Wiring Help please

Post by Gum »

Gday, has someone got some pics of the fuse box for me. What I have seems to be wrong as there is no cut out on the cover for the main loom. I think I have it around the correct way ???? Thanks Gum

wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

I may be wrong but I think the harness comes up from under the frame tubes.I do however remember that the fusebox was a piece of s--t and loose fuses and high resistance caused no end of problems like firefly strength lights and smoke around the thighs.You might try turning thebox/cover 180 degrees.The rest is beautiful and I am really impressed with your progress and build quality.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

I will give it go on the weekend, I cant find any pics of these bikes as far as the loom and wiring goes. If someone can take there tank and seat off get some pics that would really help. I really don't even know if the parts ar correct. Thanks Gum
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Gum,

Some photos for you. I can't say whether this is the factory reticulation from the fuse box, but it seems pretty kosher and it works. As others have said, almost anyone who has owned a Sport for any lenght of time has replaced these boxes with something better. But if you view originality as important then this may or may not help. Important points:

1. The cables going forward are not grouped into the cable holder until an inch after leaving the fuse box. That is whu there is no cut out. They just exit the cover between the gap between the box assembly and the cover.

2. Having grouped the wires, they travel underneath the central frame member to the headstock and exit at points that make sense. Sorry, I couldn't take the tank off, don't have time right now - as you'd be aware, it's a pain in the donkey to do.

Hope this helps.

Kev

machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Btw,

You obviously have indicator wiring on your's being a US bike. I don't. (And I don't want it!!)

Kev
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Thanks

Post by Gum »

Thanks for pics, that helps a lot Kev, Im no expert but I dont think its a USA model as it has a KPH speedo ????. I will get the wiring done on the weekend as let you know how it goes.

Gum
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Horn

Post by Gum »

Gday to all, as I progress with the wiring, I need a horn as mine does not work, if someone has the correct horn for this bike and wants to sell it, please let me know. I will the going price of course, thanks Gum.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Laid out just fine.

Post by Gum »

Thanks to the pics I have laid out the loom and it fits just fine. Plenty of room under the tank and around the headstem. Im a little surprised that the main loom fits under the cap and not a cut out, still it looks good. Thanks Gum.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Stickers

Post by Gum »

Got some stickers for the Side Covers, gee are they pain to get on in the right place.

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Loom

Post by Gum »

Once the light is fitted I needed to re route the loom to the base of the headstem. Now its very happy.

Last edited by Gum on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Nice work Gum!! I spoke to some long term Sport owners today - one of them has a 73 sport from new. Reticulation according to him as as per my photos and runs under the central bar to the headstock, and the wires do run between the cover and the box as indicated.

I'll be looking at the Sport wiring diagram to explore the diff between yours and miine. I'm no expert either!

Regards,

Kev
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Engine on the way.

Post by Gum »

I have unpacked the engine, talked to a number of experts that will do most of it and have decided on one to tackle the job. I have dropped the barrels off for a hone. [ std at 80 mm ]. Dropped of the cases and heads to be stripped, then I will pick them up in a few days for me to clean. The crank is fine, the valves just need a lick, new rings, all bearings, the sludge traps on the crank will be cleaned and assembled with new gaskets and seals. At first galnce there seems to an issue that will cause 5th to jump out, I hope to have it all done by the end of August at this stage, engine that is. Thanks Gum

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”