A 73 Sport, USA to Australia ! The Advenuture !!!!!

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Clutch Perch

Post by Gum »

The clutch perch was quite rusty, it looked like the paint on it had been dipped so I decided that the closest finish would be powder coated, it looks great and he didnt even charge me. Thanks Gum.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Engine on the way.

Post by Gum »

I have cleaned the case's about 5 times, with the a light mag wheel cleaner, acid. Cleaned the rest of the parts with petrol. Its looking great, I must admit that the case's look like art. They are perfect from what I can see, I have to admit that the barrels and heads have to be soda blasted, they just wont come up clean otherwise. Dont judge me on the parts on the floor, just the first of many cleans. I hope to have the engine all assembled and in the bike by the end of August. Thanks Gum. For some reason the pics wont work, will try later.

It works yea haaa
Last edited by Gum on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Photo bucket not working ???

Post by Gum »

Ok its Photo bucket or my comp, I cant seem to copy it then paste the links ????. Still I have zincked all the engine hardware and it looks great. Im cleaning and polishing the original black paint and rubbing with wet and dry the highlights on the engine. One thing I cant workout, I have 4 exhaust clamps, 2 with R and two with M, they look the same, what is the difference ???. Thanks Gum.

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Engine and Carbs

Post by Gum »

I have got the barrels and heads back,[ vapour blasted ] they come a treat, not overdone at all. I have cleaned the carbs, zinced the hardware on them and they also are great. I will get the engine assembled in the next few weeks, then she will be in the bike. Thanks Gum

Last edited by Gum on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Craig in France
Paso 906

R & M clamps

Post by Craig in France »

Gum wrote: <snip> One thing I can't workout, I have 4 exhaust clamps, 2 with R and two with M, they look the same, what is the difference
Hi Gum,

Here are a couple of thoughts on this (I've put the the original author's name in italics):

Conti clamps

" The 'R' or 'M' designates the size of the clamping diameter. 'R' is the smaller diameter (45mm) and is used at the front, at the header to crossover. 'M' is the larger diameter (48mm) and is used at the back, the muffler to crossover connection.

Both are hard to find NOS with the stampings; however, for some reason, the 'R' sized one is the easier to find."

Rich Lamberts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"On the roundcase and the 1975 SS, only the R clamp is used. The M clamps were used later, on the dual wall pipes. Probably for that reason, the 'R' clamps were still available new until a few years ago."

Achim

HTH

Craig
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Craig, thatis good info.

To clarify, ALL header to crossover clamps use a 45mm clamp. Most crossover to muffler [silencer] clamps are 45mm as well.

Only the later dual wall CONTI mufflers like the ones I currently have in stock for sale need a 48mm clamp.

To know what you need, you really need to measure both the header and the muffler.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Clamps

Post by Gum »

Thanks for that, now that im doing the Exhaust I can see that they are different sizes. Its good how it all comes together. Some more pics of the clean engine. Thanks Gum

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Delays

Post by Gum »

Gday, been a while but we are back on track, also I have been side tracked as I picked up another Ducati. Thanks Gum

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Engine in

Post by Gum »

I know its been a long time, but I finally have the engine in. Sorry to say I wont have it going for this summer. Thanks Gum
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

lovely

Post by Lumpy »

Something so very raw and unique about the 750 Sport. In my humble opinion quite possibly the most beautiful of all Ducati`s. Great job.
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Sweeetttttt

Post by kracka »

GUM,

Lookin Sweeeeeeeeeettt, man thats a good lookin bike. OK im jealous .

Cheers From KRACKA ;)
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Been a While

Post by Gum »

Gday to all, well its been a while as I have been on my 999R project. Now all that is sorted im back on it for summer use.

I have used POR 15 in the tank to seal it, I have done many times and think this is the best product on the market.

But I have never done a Glass Tank, its does not stick ???? Its like it does not adhere to the glass. So in a few days when it all settles I will have another go with something else.

Thanks Gum

PS I had to put a pic of the 999R I just finished.

Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Gum,
I am interested in how this turns out as I have been procrastinating about doing my 900SS tank. I went for Caswell liner. They suggested roughing the inside of the fibreglass as much as possible. Strangely, they recommend a layer of gladwrap then aluminium foil and another layer of gladwrap over the paintwork. Keep us posted!
Ian
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Some Questions

Post by Gum »

Gday to all, well on back on track after some delays.

First, does the rear swing arm have a spring washer on the bolt. My manual does not list this part.

mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

My Darmah and 900gts look great in the shed next to my 72 H2 as well! How bout another pic of the triple?
79 Darmah
78 900 GTS
86 F1B
80 SSD
02 Harley FXD
72 H2 750 triple
08 KTM 300XC
there has yet to be a motorcycle line made that is as satisfying to ride, hear and look at as the ducati bevels

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”