A 73 Sport, USA to Australia ! The Advenuture !!!!!

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

It runs

Post by Gum »

Well I couldnt wait for the fuel taps, so I filled the carbs and kicked her over. Bang away she went, Tacho does not work, does anyone know the wiring schematics of it, because I dont and cant find them.

Thanks Gum
baddean
Parallel Twin

Post by baddean »

Finding a wiring diagram with the electronic tach is difficult (non existant?).
How have you got it wired now? What color wires and where do you have them attached? That might help.
You need two for the light, and one to transmit an exciter voltage from a coil and one to ground to complete the circuit.
The light should be easy. All of the instrument lights will use the same two wires. A diagram would be useful, eh!
On the wiring loom near the branch for the coil wiring is a single red wire, this is the feed to the tachometer. At least it is on a '72 GT.
Think of the tach as a volt meter. The needle moves relative to the number of voltage pulses from the coil. The faster the pulses the higher the needle moves.
Keep in mind, too, that most owners binned the electronic tach in favor of a mechanical one because the movement in the electronic tach was delicate and prone to self destructing from vibration
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

It Goes

Post by Gum »

Well she is on the road. Runs well and so easy to ride. This week some tweaking, a new surflex clutch as the STD one slips and the heads are coming off as I have some oil leaks from both bevels, so any tips please tell.

Thanks Gum
K-Mac
Mariana

Post by K-Mac »

A couple more pics with the baby one
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Oil Leaks

Post by Gum »

Took both heads off, so easy to do, replaced every gasket and seal there is, [ put oversize orings in the tubes ] , fixed the pin hole in the rear head. Fitted a new 2nd hand clutch of Ebay, sprayed the rear of the frame, fitted the the stupid seat base properly and she is a winner. Once last thing is a horn switch cover when one comes up on eBay.

Now I can just enjoy her on warm days. MMMMMMMMM Doesnt get any better
baddean
Parallel Twin

Post by baddean »

Hey Gum,
You've taken us on quite a journey with the Sport. Great pics and good to see her on the road. ( I said "her". Is it a he or a she?? Ha!!) :-D . I ask that because I have both male and female motorcycles in my stable based on their individual personalities. Yea, maybe a liitle strange :shock:
Looking forward to hearing about future adventures with the Sport.
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
wilkson
Mariana

Post by wilkson »

Well done Gum that bike is a beauty looking forward to seeing it one day in the flesh.

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”