Aussiess- my Ducks

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Aussiess- my Ducks

Post by Aussiess »

I finally worked out the photobucket thingy and I hope you enjoy my ducks.
I have recently purchased a 75 860 GT to add to these, but havent taken photos yet.
The 79 900SS- purchased from England when on a 12 mth trip around western europe in 85, and bought home.
The 82 MHR was purchsed in a really sorry state and I rebuilt this bolt up to this condition, I had one years ago and just had to get another when time and money permitted
The 78 NCR 960 replica, has been my project for the past 18 months. The engine a stroked, flowed heads, big vv's, imola cams, straight cut primaries, hand made s/s pipes, replica frame, ncr seat unit (bought back in 85 from Italy), its tough and a treat to ride.
And of course, what BBQ area wouldnt be complete without a bar stool
Theres just not enough bevels around eh... whats next? My financial adviser says not too much, but hey, the formula for motorcycles in sheds that my father passed to me was this:
No of bikes in shed = N + 1 (N being the number that fit)
Ciao
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

N + 1

funny

waz the pipe on your ncr rep?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

loved the look of your 79 ss-but arnt those rear shockers koni's-?
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Grant
Where did you get your frame from ?
Must catch up one of these days and sink a few , maybe over Summer
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

grant, also on the glack and gold SS, what mags were on yoru bike originally? Speedlines? Or FPS. When you switched out to the spoked wheels, did you have to make up any spacers or are the ducati hubs a drop in?

Reason I ask is that I have a very low miles black and gold myself with speedlines, but have also collected a set of nice flanged wheels all built up and ready to go. I have always preferred the look of the B/G with spoked wheels myself.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

I checked out the parts book quite carefully when I put together the shopping list for my conversion from Speedlines to spoked wheels. The 1978 parts book shows both types of wheels and there seems to be no extra spacers required for the changeover. I'll find out later this winter myself.

If you have both wheelsets, its not a long job to swap them - but you probably know that already.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

Hi guys,
Thanks for the comments, I'm pretty happy with the product.

Steve, the bike had gold / polished edged speedlines originally, but were recalled when I was in england for fitment of all gold FPS wheels.
The spoked wheels were made for me by Ian Gowanloch, and I got the rear disc carrier (for 280mm disc)from John at Mdina. I think you carry all this gear now for about the same $$
The wheels fitted straight in without any requirement for mods.

Yes the rear shocks are Koni's- perhaps their is a job for you out there as a concourse judge!!

The frame I will happily discuss Martin off line. (PM for good reason).

On my NCR rep I also have a set of 38mm M1R shocks, but I painted the legs black to suit the look of the bike.

Its a lot of fun doing all this (even if it sends you broke), but I have some really good mates that have a few bits and we are lucky here in OZ that we have a lot of Ducks around.
If only we could access some of the bits others have laying around!

Anyone got a cheap twin bleed brembo (RHS caliper) that I can put on my 860GT? I have a single bleed I might swap? The bike has cerani's of course, i think I was told the caliper has a 20mm offset (centre of caliper to edge rim edge of mount on caliper)

Anyway, I enjoy the forum, now I can post pics, I may put a few more on later.

Oh yeah, the pipe on the NCR- it is Stainless, larger bore, made by a workshop that make V8 supercar systems. I own the pattern if others may want a set, please talk to me and maybe we can work something out. They are NOT cheap, and they really I dont think would make an EPA officer very happy if you know what I mean!!
Regards,
Grant
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

I wasn't quite accurate when I said the swap from Speedlines to spoked wheels was a simple exchange. Bikes with a 280 mm rear disc require a different carrier as the mounting holes are further apart than those on the smaller disc. Thanks to Aussiess for bringing it to my attention, its something that the parts book doesn't address.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
stanley

Post by stanley »

Grant, nice looking little collection there. How far up the hill are you??? I am in Penrith.

Even going to the smaller rear disc is no big hassle if you have a caliper bracket.

Dave Ward
Moto Italia
Aprilia-Ducati-Moto Guzzi
0432 441 985
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Dave , he is one the other side of the Bell road

BTW Grant how did the "beast" go on Thursday at the track? Pictures from the day ...............well where are they LOL
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

The beast ran well until I seperated a weld on the rear header, so that stopped things, but this will be repaired next week and it will be ready for the next run. The Avons I fitted were just wonderful, I have never ridden with tyres like them, and I still havent had a chance to fully explore them, I reckon I was only getting them warm! I was a little nervous!
The MHR ran wonderfully, I promised my father before he passed away 6 mths ago I would take it to the track, well, I didnt dissapoint him, the bike did not miss a beat, sprang no surprises or leaks and handled the track with only a minor mid corner scrape on the RHS of the lower fairing.
I have taken video and am going to make my own little DVD, my mates from "the perfect corner" (check you tube- just type in the perfect corner and check out all the vids we have been doing) will be putting footage online soon and other photos of other bikes that were there ( a new 1098R bayliss replica, 1098R racer, MV 1000 racers, Moto Guzzi MGS-01 on track, RG 500 post classic racer and much more, it was a great day, probably 300 bikes out.
Heres my effort
Regards,
Grant
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

Grant,thanks for the shed tour,and the Chrissy cake,we must have come close to outnumbering the Dukes with all those Laverdas there,BTW that road to Oberon was a beauty even with the rain at the start
Vince
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

You're welcome Vince, any mate of CJ's is a mate of mine.
I thought you would enjoy the ride, you must have all made it home without any worries!
catch ya next time
Regards,
Grant
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Grant , I enjoyed the corner on the tube , the putty rd looks as good as it ever did, what are the piggies like on the putty these days ??? that sure was a nice 900SS
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

Best leave the putty alone on weekends, I think you will appreciate a changed roster, weekdays are much nicer.
Yeah, we have some nice stuff on the tube, more to come
Regards,
Grant

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”