76 900SS RESTORATION

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

frame-nigel morrell,13 rosslyn st-near south rd /richmond rd-he's done heaps of dukes-knows the colours

forks-central powder coaters-33 kent rd keswick

but beware these guys will spray em just as you present them,so make sure you buy some cheap bolts and plug all theaded holes and plug up fork legs and triple trees including where fork legs fit

steve
K-Mac
Mariana

Post by K-Mac »

Cheers Steve,just found your thread on painting(powdercoating) the forks.Went and saw Nigel about paint colours and he wasn't to keen on telling me.(cause I"m gonna get my mate to do it). Getting totally disallusioned about this paint thing and might just paint it VE commodore silver which looks about the same.
Cheers K-Mac
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

most painters will be able to match existing paint-although fading is a problem---but hey-silver is silver

steve
K-Mac
Mariana

Post by K-Mac »

Yeah the paint might be hard to match,cause someone in there wisdom (circa 1980)decided to paint it "Camero ski-boat red" it was probably pretty cool in it's day
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

You got anymore Pictures to add yet ?
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

what? like a compliance plate!
i'll bring it in a brown paper bag on monday

steve
K-Mac
Mariana

Post by K-Mac »

What happened???
More updates??
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

moved to the other place
so much time--so little to say
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

'
I will be starting my resto towards the end of the year and will write my story about my 76 SS the happy and the pitfalls , your just gonna have to wait
K-Mac
Mariana

Post by K-Mac »

Martin,Is this the bike in the box from Adelaide?
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

It was , were you the other party ??? you know what I mean !! .
There were many missing parts but most of them sorted now cant wait to start on the engine in a little while
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

yea it was probably to dear for me-but i would have liked to give my best offer
K-Mac
Mariana

Post by K-Mac »

Martin,I was the other party.We had known about this bike for many years but it wasn't until a mate of mine "rediscovered it" that I made contact to see if it was for sale and now the rest is history.We knew there was a bit missing but the spare donk made up for that.It ended up being an omen(of not buying it) cause 1 week later the baby desmo single came up after looking for a couple years.I also copped a dose from the "Minister of Finance" saying you've already got one of those why another.They just don't understand,it all comes back to the saying"One with the most toys" etc etc
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Hi Kym , I wondered for a long time if you were the other party or not , Baby Demso there nice as well was it a yellow 350 ? For me after looking for some time the 76 SS was what I was looking for as the story later will revile.
You know I'm glad everything worked out in the end for both of us , despite the many missing parts, the SS is looking up , I just about have everything that I needed --inluding the missing ""Pistons"" :lol: I laugh about it now but it sure wasnt funny at the time
I shall tell my story when the time is right for pictures etc , all this take time

Cheers Martin
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

hi all--
havent been doin much blabbering lately---no pics at the moment but progress is being made
motor is undergoing rebuild--just waiting on big-end,got all other parts
got new -contis,shocks,carbies,etc-etc
paint next week
BUT--cannot find--brake pad pins to suit shaved calipers and fairing/screen to suit jod duplo
anyway--couple of weeks will have it nearly done--pics to come

steve

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”