860 need help with what was done to it santa maria ca.

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
thumper2146
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

860 need help with what was done to it santa maria ca.

Post by thumper2146 »

what mods were done to this 860? i think it is too far gone to make it stock duel disk front end fiberglass tank loop cut from rear and the side covers??? here are the links oh and dig that paint..
james

http://xs118.xs.to/xs118/07341/MVC-017F.JPG

http://xs118.xs.to/xs118/07341/MVC-018F.JPG

http://xs118.xs.to/xs118/07341/MVC-002F.JPG
James Manske
75 860
07 klr 650
74 ford truck
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Very, VERY Seventies....!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D
I like it in a way....!!!! ;) ;) ;)
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

James, The front end is stock and has been turned around to put the calipers behind the legs it improves the steering somewhat. The second disc was a bolt on modification and a big improvement in braking. As for the rest ,well paint would be a priority for me. The frame could be fixed pretty easily with a little fab work. I think Steve has an 860 frame in his used parts section. If you have the front head,carb,pipe,etc it would be a fun rider. The only killer would be if the ignition doesen't work. The ign. stators are JUNK. But Steve can sell you an improved ign. setup the bad part is the cost. Good Luck! Bill
DesmoDog
750 GT

Re: 860 need help with what was done to it santa maria ca.

Post by DesmoDog »

Just add "img" tags to show the pics in the post... easiest way may be to highlight a link and click on the "Img" button on the top row....
thumper2146 wrote:what mods were done to this 860? i think it is too far gone to make it stock duel disk front end fiberglass tank loop cut from rear and the side covers??? here are the links oh and dig that paint..
james

cshannon
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by cshannon »

Hi James,

Definitely and interesting bike you've got there!

Do you have the front pot or are you needing to source one? They come up from time to time on eBay.

As much as I kind of like the colour scheme too, my only reservation would be that it's a fibreglass tank and pretty dangerous if you throw it down the road.

I reckon you shouldn't have too much trouble getting your hands on a 860GT steel tank as so many owners have taken standard GT's and made SS replicas of them.

I actually have a 900GTS tank sitting on my shelf for that very reason. It would probably cost more in freight to ship it from Oz than I want for it. But you can contact me if your interested. Steve probably knows of a few closer to home for you if you're interested. Depends how much riding you're planning to do.

Anyway good luck with it and keep the pics and story coming on this forum.

Cheers,

C./

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”