Jellymold found in garage - what year and model?

Post pictures of your single cylinder Ducati along with a description here.
gg883
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Jellymold found in garage - what year and model?

Post by gg883 »

Spotted this bike in a friend's garage this morning. He says it was originally a 175 but now he has a 250 engine in. Any guesses as to model and year?
noducs
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

jellymold

Post by noducs »

We are going to need more than a picture of the tank to pin it down. However, the distinctive "knobbly" tank spanned from the introduction in 1957 as the "175 Sport" (there was also a 175 Super Sport) to at least 1959 with the release of the 204cc Elite, and with various iterations in between.

For example, (taken from Alan Cathcart's excellent book "Ducati Motorcycles"): "the 175 Sport with it's 'knobbly' tank was a fast and distinctive machine that in 1959 was burdened with the curious twin silencer exhaust syling".

In 1961, while existing as a roadracer at heart -- but temporarily distracted by my mission to complete college, I obtained a stripped down 200cc Elite (very close to racing quality with total-loss igniton and Avon roadracing tyres). Trouble was, as a poor student I couldn't afford to support it. (it was a thrilling ride before it seized!)

I have one or two grainy pixs if anyone is interested.

Return to “Single Cylinder Photo Gallery”