New addition

Post pictures of your single cylinder Ducati along with a description here.
machten
MHR / S2

New addition

Post by machten »

I had a lot of fun riding some singles at the Moto Giro earlier this year and I'd long lusted after one of these anyway. Heard about this one becoming available locally a few weeks ago and I just had to have it.

Kev
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

Good on ya, Kev. Super little bikes, real jewels.

That one looks a bit too clean to my eyes, but I'm sure you'll soon put some miles on it :-D :-D )

Ciao

Craig
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Hiya Craig,

I've got a few things to do on it. The rear shocks are shot, need to rebuild 'em and the rear tyre is delaminating, so need to replace that. After that and fitting a pod filter, rest assured, I'll get to work on restoring an "appropriate" patina! :-D

Kev
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Kev,
You have done well. That is a really nice machine. That year produced, in my mind anyway, the prettiest Ducati singles. I restored one which was a non-desmo with a red frame. I was lucky enough to have a replica black battery which helped with the final look. I had to buy a complete seat just for the alloy trim which I see yours is missing.
Ian
Jon Pegler
Mariana

Post by Jon Pegler »

For seat trim the correct size for a number of Ducati seats, try using the trim that is applied to the bodywork of a VW bug (beetle), post 1967.
It comes in different lengths depending on whether fitted to body panels or running boards.
Available from any air-cooled VW restoration supplier.
Fix with small screws and nuts.

Jon
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Yes, I was wondering what to do about the seat trim. I think it helps break up the appearance of what is a fairly large seat for the size of the bike. That's a good tip on the VW trim, Jon. Thanks, I'll check that out.

Kev
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

btw Ian,

I prefer the look of the red frame. It's a mystery to me why Ducati produced the springer with a red frame and the desmo with a more conservative black. I guess they didn't have the same access to today's "marketing spin"!.

Kev

Return to “Single Cylinder Photo Gallery”