Livingroom Find Single ...

Post pictures of your single cylinder Ducati along with a description here.
thompson_owen
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Livingroom Find Single ...

Post by thompson_owen »

Well, it would be a garage find, but the old guy kept it in his living room for 30 years ... and his livingroom REALLY was more of a garage. This was a guy who lived alone (well, with one big dog), had no water, no gas, no electric, and right in the middle of the city. He was a really thoughtful interesting guy though and this bike was a source of pride. It was his "art project" from school in 1970, to make it as minimal and as blacked out as possible I think (the stuff hanging off the bottom end is some sort of rubber undercoating paint - will come right off. I have had it for years and have not yet gotten into it at all. But I think this is it, this winter. So here are a couple pics of this interesting single (haven't even researched the frame/engine numbers yet) A mix of Ducati and Bates parts, scrambler frame i do believe. If you notice anything from the images, I would appreciate if you let me know. I am a ducati neophyte at this point. -Tom
west oakland, ca. - ducati 250 single, moto guzzi lemans 3, moto morini 3.5, etc.
TDF
Mariana

Post by TDF »

Well whatever it is (or was) I like it. Looks like a jelly mold tank.
Cool find.

TDF
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Post by Eldert »

Hi Tom

the bike is a mixup off parts but the good news is EXPENSIVE parts
tank is a jelly mold tank from a 200 CC Elite and the frontforks are
genuine Ceriani GP forks . these are the expensive parts

Regards Eldert
Nick
Diana

Post by Nick »

Score! Those forks are worth as much as the bike. And if that's a Jelly Mold bike to go with the Jelly Mold tank, you really scored.

Sadly, after many years of dreaming of a barn find of my own, and more than a few pretty good deals, I've yet to experience a true 'eureka' moment. Oh well, hope lingers....
From probably the only person in the world who rides a Ducati 350 Sebring for daily transportation.

Return to “Single Cylinder Photo Gallery”