My 1964 Mountaineer

Post pictures of your single cylinder Ducati along with a description here.
mountaineer
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

My 1964 Mountaineer

Post by mountaineer »

I picked this little gem up this weekend. I almost have it back together. It is all original except for the paint.

That's right only 1546 miles on it.
still needs some wiring and cableing

If anyone knows where I can find some parts, diagrams, or any info on this bike I would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by mountaineer on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

mountaineer

Post by BevHevSteve »

I edited some of your post so that you have the images visible not just listed. Please hit the EDIT button [upper right corner] to see what i did, basically just type in the URL of the photo then highlight it then click the IMG button above.........
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
mountaineer
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mountaineer »

Thanks for helping with the images Steve. I wondered how that was done.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

loading images

Post by BevHevSteve »

:rad: no sweat. Now you know and everything is always easier once you know how! Anyways, thanks for posting pix of your kewl Ducati on the forum for everyone to see. Welcome aboard!
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
jmuriz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jmuriz »

The bike looks GREAT. One thing, the paint (as you can probably tell) is not stock. I believe it orriginally had black fork-tubes, frame and swingarm; silver toolbox, and fenders. It also had a really cool paintjob on the tank. One of these days I'll post a pic of my Falcon...basically the same bike.
Looks like you have a GREAT starting point, best of luck. They are 2-stroke bikes so the motor should be really simple. And there aren't too many wires so that should be easy also (at least thats what I'm telling myself, haha).

Nathan
Raven Rhei
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Raven Rhei »

:D Love dthe color and the silver fire detail adds touch to it. I dont know that much about motorcycle yet but i really want to know more. I like the bike its like a classic. 8) :lol:
Hi! well I am really intersted in learning more about Motorcyles especially anything baout Vintage Ducati...i want to make racing my life (anything that has to do with speed RACING).
Stevo
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Nice bike Steve

Post by Stevo »

Hi Steve,
I'm coming over to San Fransisco next August (2005) for a vacation. Doing the tour thing, you know, Death Valley, Grand Canyon and so on. I would like to pop in to see you. I share your passion for Ducati's. I have a modern 749s but would love to have a vintage Ducati. I am an artist, painting mainly motorcycles and am starting on a a few Ducati projects.
Check out my site at http://www.steveallenart.co.uk/
All the best
Steve
:-D
Havok
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Havok »

WOW! Nice shape, That sure brings back memories! I have owned a 1961 Mountaineer 100 (euro version) for years. It was brought back from europe by my great uncle. Somehow my father ended up with it and gave it to my brother and I.

I spent many years riding it all over the place. Even though I owned newer cycles I always loved riding it. It used to look very good but Its in very rough shape now, but still runs like a top.

It sparked something in my brother and I, weve owned many ducati street bikes since. I recently got rid of an 851 and my brother still has a 916. I owe it all to that little bike.

There are some pictures of it in an auction im running for an old 1971 450 rt desmocross if you want to see it, its in the background of many shots.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ce bike!
Havok
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Havok »

Havok
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Havok »

If you want any close up shots or anything, such as a few of the decals I can post them. The paint is all original. The tank has been sanded in the front so the original silver decal in that area is gone.
Havok
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Havok »

Oh, one more thing, are those the original tires?! Mine rotted off. Had so many cracks in them I dismounted and discarded them.
mountaineer
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mountaineer »

Sorry I haven't replied to all of your fine coments. I kinda lost this web site, but am back.
Lets see, I have the bike running good and am thinking about selling it. Know anyone interested?
The tires are brand new. I got them at my local bike shop. It took a while but found the right size.

Return to “Single Cylinder Photo Gallery”