Here's one you don't see very often - Ducati 350 Vento

Post pictures of your single cylinder Ducati along with a description here.
Craig in France
Paso 906

Here's one you don't see very often - Ducati 350 Vento

Post by Craig in France »

Just acquired.

Looks pretty much complete- ignore the crappy modern stickers some DPO has put on, and the paint job's not right, but ...

Ciao

Craig
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

Cool bike, Craig! I've seen them in Spain and thought they would be a lot of fun plus they look fantastic. I suppose they've almost completely disappeared now. Are the wheels genuine Speedlines or aluminum replicas?

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
Craig in France
Paso 906

Hi Bruce,

There are still a few around in Spain (very few ever made it out). However, they tend to be fairly messed around with and uncared for, unfortunately.

But I get the impression that this is changing. The Spanish classic bike magazine, Motos de Ayer, recently carried a well illustrated article on the Vento - you can see it here http://www.revistamotosdeayer.com/ducat ... _id1023515

This is late model one, 1982 to be precise.

I can't remember now who the manufacturer of the wheels is, altho' I think it may be FPS - I ought to know, but I don't and I can't go check 'cos the bke is about 1,00 miles away from me at the moment. I don't think it's Speedline, altho' they look similar. Anyways, they weigh an absolute ton, not like the lightweight Speedlines that came on some of the twins. In fact, I've just bought an set of earlier and much lighter wheels which I may get round to refurbishing and fitting one day ...

The bike's all up and running now, altho' I do need to change the clutch which is pretty knackered.

Fun, eh?

Ciao

Craig
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

Hi Craig,

Is it in Montpellier then? I had to run over parts of a crashed moped there years ago because traffic was so heavy I couldn't avoid it. The secondary roads in the area are fantastic for riding as you no doubt know. Its my dream to live in SW France but the commute from here would be brutal!

Salut,

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
Craig in France
Paso 906

abmartin wrote:Hi Craig,

Is it in Montpellier then?
<snip>
Bruce
Unfortunately, no - while I'm currently in in Montpellier, the bike(s) is in the UK. However, I have now got it registered in France, which brings it a step nearer, I guess :-)

(Basically, I haven't got a garage here as yet, i.e. nowhere to keep my bikes. Will get it sorted for next Spring ...

Amicalement

Craig

Return to “Single Cylinder Photo Gallery”