250 Monza => 350 Bitsa

Post pictures of your single cylinder Ducati along with a description here.
DesmoDog
750 GT

250 Monza => 350 Bitsa

Post by DesmoDog »

It's probably much too early to be posting pics of this project since it's really still in the parts gathering stage, but here it is anyway.

My 250 Monza project bike, the before pic.

The vision of what "after" should be has changed a few times, but now I think I'm pretty much set. I've got some flanged alloy rims for it, 35mm Marzocchi forks, an abused Mach 1 style tank, and it seems a 350 Sebring engine has also found it's way to my shop. I was torn between going with a disk or drum up front, but F05 calipers don't grow on trees and in the mean time I stumbled across a front hub so put this together.

And that's about as far as I've gotten. The 160 and the hardtail need to be finished first though so this thread will likely sit for a while before there are any updates... more info should be here too: http://www.teamyikes.com/bitsahome.html

Regarding the brake... I also have a 125 Sport gas tank awaiting a bike. I'm now thinking I might continue looking for a disk brake set up for the 350 Bitsa, and find another donor to build a 250 Phantom Sport from, and use this brake on that...
DesmoDog
750 GT

Re: 250 Monza => 350 Bitsa

Post by DesmoDog »

DesmoDog wrote:...The vision of what "after" should be has changed a few times, but now I think I'm pretty much set. I've got some flanged alloy rims for it, 35mm Marzocchi forks, an abused Mach 1 style tank, and it seems a 350 Sebring engine has also found it's way to my shop. I was torn between going with a disk or drum up front, but F05 calipers don't grow on trees and in the mean time I stumbled across a front hub so put this together.
...and the vision of "after" has changed once again. Gone are the 35mm forks, the Mach 1 tank, and the ideas of a front disk brake.

The Oldani replica will be used, the stock forks will do for now, and the bodywork is a done deal.

Tank and tail by Evan Wilcox. A lot of the details are wrong as it sits now, most notably the wheels and shocks, so don't get too wound up about those. Anyone who has seen Ken Reece's bike knows where my inspiratino came from on this. I had been wanting to have Evan build me some bodywork for years, I saw pics of Ken's bike, I looked at how bad the tank I had was, and that was it.

Oh yeah, the link to the homepage for this has changed too;
http://www.teamyikes.com/Bitsa

Return to “Single Cylinder Photo Gallery”