160 Monza Jr

Post pictures of your single cylinder Ducati along with a description here.
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

I really don't like the stock tank hold down on the old singles. Not that it matters, it wouldn't work with my tank and seat anyway, so I ran a bunch of ideas through my head and this is what I came up with. I ended up making a couple hooks and using a hold down I bought for my 750GT. It was too long for the GT, but should work here.

I plan on painting the hooks black eventually... I'm a little worried the tab on the tank is going to cut the rubber band, so I may make some sort of saddle for it, haven't decided yet.
Nick
Diana

Post by Nick »

Very nice work!

Re. the tank strap. The stock one has long irritated me. I found a battery strap off a Japanese bike, the kind with the metal loops at each end, about 6~7 inches long. Was able to push one loop through the slot in the frame, then loop the strap around the frame, through the other metal loop and up to the tank hold-down. Works very well.
From probably the only person in the world who rides a Ducati 350 Sebring for daily transportation.
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Took my first ride on it today. Still has some issues that need to be addressed, but at least it moves under it's own power for the first time in ages. Starts first kick too!

Return to “Single Cylinder Photo Gallery”