Probblems wiht cush drive assembly

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
GONDARMAH
Mariana

Probblems wiht cush drive assembly

Post by GONDARMAH »

Hey everyone.
I have a problem with my Darmah SD ¨78: I have changed the bearings of the wheels (and cush drive assembly), chain and sprockets. I think that I have mounted it correctly: the front it´s ok, but the rear sprocket (with his cush drive assembly) has axial clerance, 1 cm aprox. Wheel does not have axial clerance and turns freely.
I have verified the assembly of the spaces in the Spare Parts Catalog and it´s ok
Has someone some idea?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

darmah dramahs

Post by BevHevSteve »

Gonzalo, can you please post a couple photos showing how you installed things? If there is clearance, then there must be something missing..... ??
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
GONDARMAH
Mariana

Post by GONDARMAH »

Hola Steve, I hope that you could see the photos

Between swingarm and plate-brake there are a spacer of 4,5 mm; Between plate-brake and wheel there are a spacer that I haven´t measured but it´s only one posisble positión : fitted into the part that stands out of intelinner distance piece

Between cush drive assembly and swingarm there are spacer of 6,5 mm.

Between the wheel and the cush drive assembly there is another spacer (internal) with only one possible position.

The wheel doesn´t move laterally; only the cush drive assembly is the piece that is moved lateraly

I´m sorry foy my horrible english, in spansh I´m so good
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

cush drive answers

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hello Gonzalo,

Your english is great, much better than my spanish!!!!

OK now I understand completely. I believe the following is your problem.... The bearings in your sprocket holder have worn out and need to be replaced. (I just replaced them in one of my bikes for this very same reason)

To check this for sure - remove the axle and rear wheel, then take off the sprocket carrior. Now put the axle up through the sprocket carrior and ask someone to help you hold it. Now check for sideways movement on the sprocket carrior.... It should only spin freely,. there should be no other ways it moves. I bet you will notice that you can move it side to side right? OK now you get to replace those bearings!!!

Also, I notice in your first picture, that the brake caliper is not centered on the brake rotor [disk]. I suggest you remove the caliper bolts, remove the spacers between the caliper and the brake carrior, and check again - You should only have some VERY THIN spacers between there, not washers...
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
GONDARMAH
Mariana

Post by GONDARMAH »

Ok Steve, I will investigate it, but I think that the bearings are in good use

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”