Brembo P08 - broken bleeder

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
750sport
Mariana

Brembo P08 - broken bleeder

Post by 750sport »

Hi Guys.

Reconditioning the front brakes on our 750 Sport round case and twisted off one of the bleeders, our brakes are mounted in front of the forks. Tried using an "esi-out" to remove bleed nipple but.... you guessed it, broke the "esi-out" off in it so now we are really stuck.

Does anyone have a right hand side (same side as brake lever) inner half of the brake caliper with bleeder removed or not stuck in? Any idea where I can source on of these?

We are in Perth, Australia.

Cheers.
geodoc
750 GT

Re: Brembo P08 - broken bleeder

Post by geodoc »

Bummer, though I assume you have the old-style caliper with the small bleeder bolts. the later ones have a larger size bleeder on account I assume, of just this problem. You can get the EZ out removed with a process called "spark erosion", but it will probably end up costing you a lot more than getting a new, later style caliper. If you really want to keep it original then maybe it's worth it, otherwise a new one is about $130 US from a number of places in N America and I'd assume in Australia too. Road & Race perhaps?
750sport wrote:Hi Guys.

Reconditioning the front brakes on our 750 Sport round case and twisted off one of the bleeders, our brakes are mounted in front of the forks. Tried using an "esi-out" to remove bleed nipple but.... you guessed it, broke the "esi-out" off in it so now we are really stuck.

Does anyone have a right hand side (same side as brake lever) inner half of the brake caliper with bleeder removed or not stuck in? Any idea where I can source on of these?

We are in Perth, Australia.

Cheers.
750sport
Mariana

Re: Brembo P08 - broken bleeder

Post by 750sport »

geodoc wrote: You can get the EZ out removed with a process called "spark erosion"
Looks like spark erosion it will be.

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”