860 gt -75 Radaelli rim

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
perratjorn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

860 gt -75 Radaelli rim

Post by perratjorn »

Hi all, I have some questions regarding Radaelli rims, my original are labeled Aimon Sport AS BREV.N 22620 I have found new on Ebay which are labeled AS Brev.N 2262c on one of them, and ASTP Brev.N 2262c on the other. There seem to be different patent no. What is the difference in AS and ASTP, how important is this purely in terms of value for my motorcycle which rims I choose. There is a company in England that sells new Radaelli stainless but not have the proper labeling, should I choose these instead.

Many thanks from a Swedish Ducati owner
baddean
Parallel Twin

Re: 860 gt -75 Radaelli rim

Post by baddean »

I know this thread is a little old but thought I would put this up for future reference.
The "AS" is the rear rim and the "ASTP is the front rim.
Both are 40 hole rims but the angle of the spoke hole cut in the rear rim is different from the spoke hole cut angle in the front rim to accomodate the rear drum brake hub.
Hope this helps.
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
perratjorn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: 860 gt -75 Radaelli rim

Post by perratjorn »

Thanks Dean, this makes me wonder I've never seen the designation ASTP written on some Ducati wheels. on mine which is original is the AS on both.

perra.

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”