Putting the calipers behind the forks.

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Putting the calipers behind the forks.

Post by bobnorton »

Last time i tried to do this i ran into problems on my GTS, so a few questions, does the speedo drive stay on the right hand side?, does it matter which side the axle goes in, I have a stainless axle and am not sure its made correctly and dont have a standard to compare. Do i need to use the standard pipe brackets (which i don't have) . I expect to have to make some spacers for the 900 GTS stainless mudguard I'm useing.I have braided SS pipes which appear to be longer than standard ,I think someone has been trying to do this mod already.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Putting the calipers behind the forks.

Post by BevHevSteve »

speedo stays on rt side
axle from opposite
i made up special ss line kits see below

https://store.bevelheaven.com/brake-rel ... ind-forks/

These lines are for the splitter directly to each carb. I also have 9", 13 and 16" lines to go between splitter and master cylinder available, depending on how tall your bars are. This is a very clean setup, I developed it for one of my personal bikes - the red NCR replica you see in that photo.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Thanks Steve .
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

With so many problems to solve I decided to keep it simple and put it back to standard, it all lined up and the brakes bled in a few minuits with just a bit of tube and sqeezing the lever. Although nearly 70 years old and riding from age 14 this is the first bike i have owned with hydraulic brakes! ,or come to that any real brakes at all.

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”