FPS Wheels cushdrive - sorry!

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
NeilD
Mariana

FPS Wheels cushdrive - sorry!

Post by NeilD »

sorry for yet another thread but i'm about to remove the wheels on my Darmah for refurb, just wondered if the much talked about cushdrive bolt problem is normally obvious? I've been out to the bike just now and tried pulling and pushing the wheel side to side etc and no play...

whilst the wheels are out, is there anything i should be looking at doing to them?

this is the first time i've removed the wheels - is it 'obvious' how they come out?

and finally, will the bike sit ok on the centrestand with both wheels out if i support it under the sump?
ColinS
Mariana

Re: FPS Wheels cushdrive - sorry!

Post by ColinS »

It'd be more stable if you put the front axle back in and supported that on an axle stand. My 900GTS stood that way very safely whilst I was rebuilding the wheels.

Cheers

Colin
Colin Steer
Keswick
NeilD
Mariana

Re: FPS Wheels cushdrive - sorry!

Post by NeilD »

thanks for the reply... after thinking about it i remember i'd supported my guzzi like that with both wheels out..

2013-02-03 035 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

first look there doesnt seem to be any play in the cush drive hub... looks like someone has modified it by adding these pegs? not sure whats been written there, looks like 510mm ?

2013-02-03 022 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

shocks off, no play in the swinging arm so i'll leave that alone... although i will treat it to new pads as when i removed the rear caliper the material had come away from the backing of its pad and it fell out on the floor! :shock:

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”