250 spokes

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Lumbee
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

250 spokes

Post by Lumbee »

..hey guys, I have a 71 250 single that I am relacing the wheels. I have a set of spokes that I scored on the cheap, and may be having buyers remorse. :? I went out this evening and took a stab at lacing the wheel, but no luck. I am not a total noob to wheel lacing, I've done a few before, but its been a few years.

My question is, should the inner and outter spokes be different for these wheels (angle/length of the elbow)? The spokes I have are all the same (front and rear). Did I get ripped off???
chimera
Mariana

Re: 250 spokes

Post by chimera »

The outer spokes should have a bit more than 90 degree bend at the head. Inners should have a little less than 90 degrees. Also, outers would ideally be a little longer than inners. I would expect the front and rear spokes would be different lengths. Ducati parts catalogs identify the lengths so you can verify according to the catalog description.
Lumbee
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: 250 spokes

Post by Lumbee »

...thanx for the response chim...

...I was a little rusty on spoking, so it took me a bit to realize the different bends in the inner vs. outter spokes. After getting that sorted out, I was able to get the rim spoked. Its is on the truing wheel as we speek!

Not sure about your assertion about the lengths between front and rear spokes. I'm pretty sure both sets that I have are identical. I guess I won't know if the other set will fit a front rim until I try it. Still looking for a 1.85 x 19 rim.

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”