Problem removing bearing from sproket carrier

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
dden
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Problem removing bearing from sproket carrier

Post by dden »

I was able to remove the bearing and the sleeve they are on from the sproket carrier/Cush Drive and was able to remove one of the bearings from the sleeve. The other one will not budge. It looks like it has a 1/4" inch spacer on one end. This is the bearing on the side of the sleeve that is not threaded. So the interior bearing. The spacer and bearing wont move in either direction. Anything im missing here? Is that spacer threaded on? Is there a retaining clip somewhere?
dden
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Problem removing bearing from sproket carrier

Post by dden »

Got it off, now i just need to figure out the wheel bearings.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

its all about using the right tool for the job

http://store.bevelheaven.com/new-arriva ... etric-kit/

Do not use a drift or screw driver to pound out the bearings as the hubs are soft aluminum and you most likely will make the round holes oblong....
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
dden
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by dden »

Thanks Steve. I actually had trouble with my blind puller, they just were not budging. I had to take the expanding tip of the blind puller and adapt it to a hydraulic press to pull them out. Came out like butter after that.

Putting the sprocket carrier bearings back was a real pain too. Pressing one in pushed the other out, Had to make a sandwich out of it. Don't know if its just me but things that usually take me 1 hour on another bike end up taking me 3 hours on the Ducati. :*<:
Sumfun4me
Mariana

Post by Sumfun4me »

dden wrote:Don't know if its just me but things that usually take me 1 hour on another bike end up taking me 3 hours on the Ducati. :*<:
Ha! Welcome to the wonderful world of Ducati ownership. The new ones aren't much better either - after completing extensive work on my 1198S Corse SE, I dont think I've ever owned a bike that was so awkward to work on.
radecal
Parallel Twin

Post by radecal »

Sounds about right! My ST2 takes 40 minutes to get the fairings off for a 5 minute job so know where you are coming from.
Regards,
RAD

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”