Rim options for 860GT - Borrani, ?

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
confusa
Diana

Rim options for 860GT - Borrani, ?

Post by confusa »

Looking to replace my stock Aimon Sports with something a little lighter. Looking at Borrani on eBay I see a lot of "WM x/x " , etc. What would I be looking for number wise for the numbers? I think 3/something? Also see 18/40 which I am assuming means 18" 40 spokes? And some other numbers which seem to vary or are hard to cross reference like 4403, 4777, etc. Or am I better off just getting something modern like ??
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: Rim options for 860GT - Borrani, ?

Post by wdietz186 »

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how good you are at searching. Borrani rims are pretty thin on the ground and the 4777 rims are frightfully expensive[$1ooo's]. A reasonable alternative is the Excel rim.They are the same style as the Borrani and much more reasonably priced. As for rim sizes a WM3 on the front and a WM4 on the rear would allow a good choice of rubber, 100 or 110 section front and 120 or 130 in the back. Try Buchanan's Spoke and Rim for availability and prices and you can get really nice stainless spokes too.

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”