Tyre pessures

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
welshmally
Diana

Tyre pessures

Post by welshmally »

Hi all,

Just messing around with tyre pressure on my '79 900SS.

Currently running Bridgestones at 30/34 but the factory settings with Pirellis are 28.5/35.6 (perhaps knock a bit off for UK temperatures this year!!!)

Going for a spin soon so will alter to factory settings and see what happens, but it's quite a faff experimenting, as they need to be re-set at the same temperature for accurate comparison as you all know :(

Any thoughts?

WM
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

32/37,try it,is the best for me anyway.
so much time--so little to say
welshmally
Diana

Post by welshmally »

nottonight68 wrote:32/37,try it,is the best for me anyway.
Ah yes - a good combination!

Cheers
Spagjet
Mach 3

Re: Tyre pessures

Post by Spagjet »

I go 25 front, 28 back at in the shed temeratures before I ride it. I've tried higher pressures but it walks all over. If I want to go flat out round corners I have to have the tyres a bit mushy for a big footprint or it seems to back in and hang out a lot more and a lot more suddenly (scary sudden). If I put 37 in I reckon I would skate off the road like a hoofed animal on a sheet of ice. When I bought the bike it actually had the originally fitted tyres on it but I soon learnt what fear was from trying to ride fast with those hard old boots and no steering damper

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”