Front caliper mounting

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
larslynn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Front caliper mounting

Post by larslynn »

Ok my 83 front brake calipers where always mounted at the rear of the forks, my mate has inormed me this is completely wrong I know I can swap them over etc etc but what difference does it make, I see in another post 83 MHR came with rear mounted calipers also see on youtube a guy called jcducati (check it out he has a Buell tank)has posted clips of his 83ssd with the calipers the same way on the rear. (Also has the same seat!! for all u ducati cops out there!) anyway thanks for the time.
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Front caliper mounting

Post by Craig in France »

larslynn wrote:Ok my 83 front brake calipers where always mounted at the rear of the forks. My mate has informed me this is completely wrong. I know I can swap them over etc etc, but what difference does it make?
For the answer to this - and much, much more :) - it's best to get a copy of Ian Falloon's Ducati 860, 900 & Millle Bible.

(Answer, btw, according to Ian: Calipers went behind the forks with the 1984 production (along with loads of other changes). Had happened in 1983, however, on the S2).

Diffference? Consensus seems to be, very little ...

HTH

Craig

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”