Manufacturers markings on rims

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
K-Mac
Mariana

Manufacturers markings on rims

Post by K-Mac »

Can anyone comfirm which side of a "78 ss the manufactures mark (eg Borrani) on the rims go,left or right?
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Both my sets are 76 and have the writing on the Primary gear side/ clutch lever side
K-Mac
Mariana

Post by K-Mac »

Thanks Martin,When the rims wheels came off they were on the left side,but they were not the originals (Akronts)but the singles I have all the markings are on the right-hand side.
Cheers K-Mac
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

both mine are on the right

bm to
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

:lol: :lol: :lol: OK on my original pained spoke'd rim that has never been apart mine are on the left side as you sit on the bike , Falloons black covered book page 71
Steve when you re-spoked yours you must have had one to many when you put them back together ;)
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

nup-i first put stainless spokes in the thing in 1980--stamped numbers were nothing more than a polishing hassle-couldnt have cared less about em---still didnt know what a 4777 was until i came here.just called em borranis-either side i dont care-mine are pretty dinged and crappy anyway--thinking about getting some new replacements-they'll look better

bm to
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

my 900SS with Borrani 4777 set have markings on chain side [right] but I have no cluse as to if it came from the factory this way or not as I am 4th owner on this particular bike
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”