Bearings Sprocket Carrier 750 S ???

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Bearings Sprocket Carrier 750 S ???

Post by Gum »

Gday, I thought I would ask first. The bearing in the Sprocket carrier [ cush drive ] on a 73 Sport. Can it be knocked out or does it need to be pressed. Mine in toast. Thanks in advance Gum.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Gum, the answer is yes. But it depends on the tools that you have. If you have a press and the right size bars, spacers, tubes, etc. on hand then you can press out. If you have a tool like this one that Steve sells then you can easily knock(pull) them out. Image You don't want to pound them out with a drift from side to side as this can distort the shape of the hole. The Haynes workshop manual will help you with alot of these questions. I have an extra that I could be persuaded to let go of. BTW does your machine have the original ignition switch and keys? I would really appreciate some info and a pic if possible (see my post under electrics). Jordan
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

Gday, I believe it has the original key and Ignition switch, what would you like to know. Thanks for the reply, im getting it pressed out at this stage. Gum

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”