750SS REAR CALIPER HANGER

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

yes

Am not wanting to dupllicate the crap maching work done originally [angled edges etc] but specifically the outline shape and location of mounting holse for caliper, bore location for axle and slot size/location for s/arm pin.

I want to do this for all the various ones.

FYI I went through this once before then modified things for my upside down caliper hanger kits I made. The aluminum plate I can get here is a bit thinner than the original pieces so I also had to make up a thin spacer to make up the difference.

here is the kit so you know what I mean
http://www.bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sa ... hanger.htm
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I have a source for aluminum plate thicker then needed that can be milled to specs. 

From what I have been able to learn so far it seems that the critical deminsions on all the hangers are very similar. 

1.  The slot for the swing arm pin is centered on the horizontal axis of the axle hole.  The width of the slot is uniform @ approx. 10.5mm  though the length and distance from the axle varies.

2.  The offset between the 90 degree vertical axis of the axle hole and the parellel axis drawn through the lower caliper mounting hole is approx. 3.5mm

3.  The angle at which the caliper is placed seems to vary from each design within a window of approx. 5 degrees

4. Without comprimising the strength of the design all other aspects seem to be purely easthetic.

It will be interesting to see if any of these parameters change when all exemplars are compared.

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”