Paint specs for Pantah M/C's

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Panta600
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Paint specs for Pantah M/C's

Post by Panta600 »

Folks,
what type of black paint is used for the master cylinders for a Pantah? Front & rear?
I've got a rear M/C that needs repainting and I can't remember what I previously used. I think it is a satin finish. But I can't remember the type (heat resistance)? The rear master cylinder must have leaked because it has blistered the paint. I re-built it 10 years ago.
Please advise.
Cheers,
Steve
Nothing beats the 4 x 2 seat of a Pantah!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

black anodizing. it is basicall flat black. spray on paint will peel. header paint or bar B que paint will last longer
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Panta600
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Panta600 »

Everybody,
so if the master cylinders are anodized, do the pressed in bushes on the rear master cylinder lever need to be removed prior to the anodizing process? The lever is the part linking the master cylinder and the foot lever link rod.

And, we are talking master cylinders NOT calipers, correct?

Cheers,
Steve
Nothing beats the 4 x 2 seat of a Pantah!
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Panta, depends on what the bush is made of and if you want it anodized or not. The anodizing will not affect function as it is a very thin coating. For the most part you want items to be stripped down to lowest common denominator before sending out for plating. This is true for calipers as well. Hope this helps, Jordan

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”