900ss rear brake

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
darren nix
Diana

900ss rear brake

Post by darren nix »

i don,t have any literature and i don,t have any references to go to so i need the assisstance of some walking source of ducati knowledge. firstly, did any 900ss models come out with a rear drum brake, secondly can a different swing arm be fitted to a 860 gts [1976] such as a darmah or ss etc so that a disc carrying hub can be fitted or can a disc carryig hub be fitted to a gts swing arm straight over without going through the swing arm course of action, the picture of my 860 in the gallery section is the bike i am refering to but i have been looking at a bike stated as a 900ss but looking like my 860, they are claiming the bike is original are they right. regards darren
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

900ss

Post by BevHevSteve »

have converted 750GT drum brake to disk brake using 900SS hub, axle, clamps etc. It can be done. You can modify your swingarm for a caliper hanger by fabricating a pin to hold it no worries and use all SS parts from there to make it happen. No SS came with a drum brake. Bike on eBay called out as an IMOLA REPLICA is an 860GT/S or 900GTS with an imola style tank, seat and ferring. It isn;t a 900SS, the seller is sadly misinformed.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Den
Mach 3

Post by Den »

It's spelled * fairing * not ferring.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

not in my house.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm