goofy glass fuse in '76 860GT

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
JPZ860GT
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

goofy glass fuse in '76 860GT

Post by JPZ860GT »

Okay, what's the deal with the goofy glass fuse in the instrument cluster on these bikes. Instead of flat ends, the ends come to a point and it clips into little brass tabs on the circuit that has the red generator lamp. Anyone know where I can buy one? Mine's blown.
JP
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Is there a lens anywhere near this, because it sounds like a light bulb to me...
JPZ860GT
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by JPZ860GT »

It's not a light bulb, but it is in line with the red (generator) bulb on the cluster -so does that make it the main fuse? You'd think that would be more accessible and with all the other fuses under the seat. Unless I fried it when took the battery out, then the bike was able to run without this fuse. I have both the parts and repair manuals, so I'll see what I can find out from those -just keep forgetting to dig those out (newer home and stuff still isn't totally organized or even unpacked...).
JP
JPZ860GT
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by JPZ860GT »

I stand corrected, it is indeed a light bulb -dug out my manual last night... That explains why the bike ran with it burnt out. Ah, shop manuals, oh what a good thing -when you can find 'em... Over and out.
JP

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”