Round case indicator lights question.

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Macdesmo
750 GT

Round case indicator lights question.

Post by Macdesmo »

I have original indicators but the coloured lenses are either missing or fallen out of place. I don't want to just colour the bulb. Anyone replaced these and what did you use and how did you get them into place?
Ian
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: Round case indicator lights question.

Post by wdietz186 »

It has been a long time but I believe the lenses were just little dots of colored plastic just pushed into the ID of the light housing. You might try finding a hole punch or a piece of tubing with the right inside diameter and make your own. Grind a bevel on the outside to make a sharp edge and cut out discs with a whack of a hammer. For lens material you could use a thin colored plastic like they use on loose leaf binder tabs or anything similar.
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

I guess it could be possible to find Original ones, but I would go for the solutions Wdietz gave.
It would take a sharp eye to notice the difference between Original and aftermarket.
Well, it did take a sharp eye even to NOTICE the d@mn lights at NIGHT, don't ask about broad Italian daylight :shock:

ciao
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Thanks for the 2 replies. I will have a go when I get some plastic that looks right.
Ian
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Well I got the lights finished and tested and thanks for the ideas. The colours are not exact but I would rather them than a lot of the half broken types that you see.
Ian

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”