Which Dyna coil? 1975 Ducati 860GT

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
rjk40
750 GT

Which Dyna coil? 1975 Ducati 860GT

Post by rjk40 »

If I use the Sachse ignition, I am assuming that I would use a pair of single (not double) -output "black" 5 ohm Dyna coils for spark (labeled DC10-1 in the Dyna online catalog), as the bike is set for street riding, and not competition, where I would otherwise use the 3 ohm units. Steve, if you read this, I don't see such coils in your online catalog; am I mistaken?

This bike has the old orange transducers (engine number 851539), but I assume that they would go away along with the old rotor/stator, and be replaced by the Dyna units along with the new Sachse system. Thus, ALL of the original factory ignition goes into the proverbial cardboard box; am I correct?

Thanks again.

Richard
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Which Dyna coil? 1975 Ducati 860GT

Post by BevHevSteve »

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Electrics ... ohm-black/

I stock both single output and dual output 5 ohm and 3 ohm Dyna coils, in the electrical section subsection ignition, coils, plugs.

The requirements for installing the sasche kits are on their website.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
rjk40
750 GT

Re: Which Dyna coil? 1975 Ducati 860GT

Post by rjk40 »

Thanks, Steve,

I don't know how I could have missed the Dyna coils in your online catalog; I guess I will chalk it off as a senior moment.
I looked at their install doc online, and it looks to be adequate. If anyone has any additional info (quirks with the install, etc.), I would be grateful to hear about them.

Regards,
Richard

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”