Ignition for 1975 860 GT, non-Bosch

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
rjk40
750 GT

Ignition for 1975 860 GT, non-Bosch

Post by rjk40 »

At about 50% through the resto, I am trying to keep ahead of the curve on parts acquisition.

Presently, I am looking to see what ignition system retrofits are available, as the original OEM unit has a less than stellar reputation, With the exception of the ignition not shutting off on the top cylinder (didn't do the swapperoo of connections to see if the problem moved to the forward hole...), I had no problems with it. Bike is too far apart to do anything but a static test, but I am a bit skittish about the ignition, especially since I have invested so much time and moola into the resto.

Any comments or recommendations on a replacement? Thus far, I only see Sachse; anyone have experience with this? Steve does not appear to have a lot of inventory in this area.

Thanks in advance.
Richard Kovach
Malabar, Florida USA
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Ignition for 1975 860 GT, non-Bosch

Post by BevHevSteve »

Sachse Is the way to go. I do not stock it as they new owner will not give enough of a discount for me to make it worthwhile meaning, by the time I get it here I have just about paid retail for it. Lots of my customers are very happy with their kits.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
rjk40
750 GT

Re: Ignition for 1975 860 GT, non-Bosch

Post by rjk40 »

Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. I shall move forward on that.

I get the impression that the flywheel has to be removed and put back on to do the retrofit.

Regards,
Richard

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”