Rat's nest wiring

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
BRIAN STUTTS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Rat's nest wiring

Post by BRIAN STUTTS »

I am putting a 860GT back on the road. I bought it as a runner , and it did, but now that I have done the paint and other small projects I have run into wiring trouble. It will not fire now and the horn quit working. The more I try to track down the causes the more I see that the wiring is a total mess with crimp fittings by the dozen and different colors.

I would like to simplify the wiring and update some of the odd looking relays (?) in the headlight shell. I am not very well versed in wiring and would gladly pay someone to do the work but I doubt there is anyone close to me , Augusta, Ga. I can install a harness as long as I get all the correct bits. I would also want to replace the bar switches.

Can anyone suggest what approach I should take.
NeilD
Mariana

Re: Rat's nest wiring

Post by NeilD »

cant really help as i'm the other side of the Atlantic :) but i can sympathise as my Darmah had been half rewired, but all in black cable :shock: I ended up giving it to a motorcycle electrician who rewired the bike along the lines youre talking... fusebox relocated to behind the sidepanel, dyna coils, new reg-rec, etc all joinned by modern thinwall cable and connectors... hopefully someone will chip in with a suggestion for somewhere more local to yourself.
BRIAN STUTTS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Rat's nest wiring

Post by BRIAN STUTTS »

I wish there was someone like that locally. I just started working on my Darmah today and the wiring on it has been messed with also.

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”