Sachse vs Lucas... coils

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
riccorman
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Sachse vs Lucas... coils

Post by riccorman »

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I recently acquired a '78 Darmah that I am currently going through. The PO had removed the original coils, resistors, "device boxes," etc. and installed a Lucas Rita ignition with a green DYNA coil in its place. I was lucky enough to also get "The Box;" you know... the cardboard box in your garage that has all of the parts you take off your bike so you can "return it to stock." So I have the original ignition system, including the coils, and the Three-Hundred-Dollar Tach Drive. :shock:

He installed the pickup onto the horizontal cylinder, in place of said tach drive, due to interference from the tank on the vertical cylinder. So obviously the tach is not hooked up. I just ordered a Sacshe and it is en route. Would I be better off using the original coils (he SAID they're good) or the DYNA with the Sacshe? Also... is anyone in the market for a Lucas Rita LR128 ignition system? `-*

Thanks in advance for any/all replies. This board has been INVALUABLE so far in going thru this bike. I'm really excited to be joining this community.

-ric
-ric
-----------------
1978 Ducati 900 SD Darmah
2001 Ducati ST2
2006 Ducati GT1000
2008 Ducati 1098
2015 Ducati Diavel Titanium #196/500
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Sachse vs Lucas... coils

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Ric - if it were my bike I'd install EVERYTHING you get from Sacshe per their instructions so everything is new and to their spec.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”