Generator light controller..VOLTIMETRO 6710603

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
kiwi47
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Generator light controller..VOLTIMETRO 6710603

Post by kiwi47 »

I have a gen light problem with my 1982 Darmah.There is a little orange box that controls the Gen light.
It is marked Voltimetro A Lampara 6710603 12V Motoplat Made in Spain and has a simple schematic on it. It grounds the Gen light, and turns it on.
My bike seems to be charging appropriately @13.8 volts. I have two Voltimetro's. When one is installed, the Gen light if off all the time. When the other is installed, the Gen light is on all the time.
The conclusion is they are both defective.
Where can I locate a functioning one? A Google search was fruitless.
Is there a fix for it? I was thinking of reverse engineering them both as I think its a dirt simple switch controlled by something that recognizes 12.8 volts or the like.
Anyone been down this road?
Thanks
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Generator light controller..VOLTIMETRO 6710603

Post by Craig in France »

kiwi47 wrote:I have a gen light problem with my 1982 Darmah. <snip> Where can I locate a functioning one?
Yep, they're known for their unreliability - even when new :shock: . Try Ian Gowanloch for a new one - I know he has had them in the past.
kiwi47 wrote:Is there a fix for it? I was thinking of reverse engineering them both as I think its a dirt simple switch controlled by something that recognizes 12.8 volts or the like. Anyone been down this road?
I'm pretty sure a guy called Richard Hill did one a few years back. I may have his schematic somewhere...

Otherwise, how concerned are you about originality? If you're not, there's a host of small, very inexpensive voltmeters or battery monitors to chose from, e.g.
http://ex-en.alliedelec.com/search/prod ... U=70101345.
http://www.sparkbright.co.uk/battery-vo ... nitors.php
+ eBay

Or, if you can find the space, you could even hook up a proper analogue voltmeter ;) ....
kiwi47
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kiwi47 »

I like the light and it won't be a problem to fix. I was just being lazy and taking the easy route.
:)
AndyCapp
Mariana

Post by AndyCapp »

I have the diagram and circuit board layout if you'd like to build your own. It fits in the original red plastic case.
I can't seem to upload them as they are too big (its only 400k)
AndyCapp
Mariana

Post by AndyCapp »

Voltmeter Schematic (Corrected, Small).jpg

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”