darmah fusebox.

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
garryc
Parallel Twin

darmah fusebox.

Post by garryc »

Looking for suggestions for replacing the fusebox in my 78 darmah.
Ideally one that bolts into existing spot
thanks
gavin
Mariana

Re: darmah fusebox.

Post by gavin »

got 3 auto circuit breakers mounted on my ssd. bike came with them I`ve had no trouble ,and previous owner(14yrs) had none either. they sit side by side where old fuse assembly sat.they have posts on them so have to fit ring terminals on cables, they are auto resetting.
ColinS
Mariana

Re: Darmah Fusebox.

Post by ColinS »

Here's a photo of the one I fitted to my 900 GTS. It's not quite a straightforward swap as it doesn't match the bolt holes but a piece of double sided sticky foam holds it down nicely and the original connections all fit. It's not possible to use the lid screw but the tool tray is a very close fit and holds the lid on.
I bought it from Vehicle Wiring Products in England, only about £5, but I expect it was made in China. The box has a reference number but no makers name.
I'm unsure about what is fitted to the SSD but it has been professionally rewired so I'll take the seat off and have a squint at that too.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Steer
Keswick
ColinS
Mariana

Re: Darmah Fusebox.

Post by ColinS »

Well,
Just had a look under the GTS seat and found nothing. But under the steering head I found the exact same box as fitted to my GTS. It looks as though the plastic cover has been modified for this to fit in place, bloody vandals!

Cheers

Colin

Colin Steer
Keswick

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”