ducati electronica 750 ss 1976

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
glasis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

ducati electronica 750 ss 1976

Post by glasis »

Hi all friends

I having trouble with the ignition , my bike is only running on the front cylinder , i tried to change the coils , cables and so on, but my question here is if it is possible to get the plate 120 or 240 degrees wrong??? because i have spark on both cylinders , the engine is set and tried to swift place on carbs. when i set the ignition with a degree wheel i just coming to 30-32 degrees btdc then the 3 eliptic mountingholes is ending.
do i have the wrong plate??
ps
i do the setting by the book and have all marks by the book

Thankful for any tip
Regards
Anders Sweden
glasis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

more info about my ignition thougts

Post by glasis »

The reason why i had those thoughts about the plate mounting is as follow

If my plate is set a third of a rotation wrong =120 degrees , the L cylinder =90 degrees with the setting BTDC aprox 34 degrees =124 degrees maybe thats why my front cylinder runs on spark ment for the rear???
and the spark i get for my rear cylinder is totally out of setting time , maybe during intake ,,,

This is just a teori and most likely i need to replace my ignition , but its alwys interesting to hear about other s idea`s

I am qurious about the silent hektik system , anyone got exp from those?

Thanks Anders
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

It has been many years since I have seen a working Ducati Electronica ign. and if I recall correctly the leads coming out of the stator are positioned at 10 o'clock or so to allow them to line up with the hole in the cases.I don't think it can be installed differently without the wires fouling the flywheel. The original stators were junk,and running on one cyl. was the most common failure.

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”