860 GT handlebar switch options

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
confusa
Diana

860 GT handlebar switch options

Post by confusa »

Trying to find a replacement for the headlight, horn, and turn left hand switch. Read that Suzuki GT and perhaps some Yamaha switches work. What has anyone used specifically? Exact model and wiring matches would be greatly appreciated.
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

I seem to remember using a Suzuki switch for my 860GT, but I did delete some of the functions such as turn signals. I would just pick a switch that has the functions you need and wire it in to the existing harness.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
mart
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mart »

in the process of getting some bits together for an 860gt that i am rebuilding, i have pickedup a selection of early yam, suzuki and kawasaki, i was going to go with an early kh switchgear on the left as they incorporate a choke lever, and an early z sitchgear on the right. I need to rewire it anyway, but they look ok.

mart
confusa
Diana

Post by confusa »

mart wrote:in the process of getting some bits together for an 860gt that i am rebuilding, i have pickedup a selection of early yam, suzuki and kawasaki, i was going to go with an early kh switchgear on the left as they incorporate a choke lever, and an early z sitchgear on the right. I need to rewire it anyway, but they look ok.

mart
If you find any specific part numbers that work well post them up.

I did find this, and though Guzzi specific, helpful:
http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/ ... ntrols.htm

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”