860 GT dash options

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
confusa
Diana

860 GT dash options

Post by confusa »

So my dash is cracked, as they all seem to be. I haven't been able to find a replacement, and frankly it seems like a bad design anyway. I had read that the later model 860 and 900 had a metal dash. Can someone confirm that that style dash will work with an earlier 860? Maybe post a pic of what they look like?
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

The popular option is to use the 750 sport style instrument mountings. I believe Steve sells the pieces to do it.
confusa
Diana

Post by confusa »

Oh, interesting. Looking at the kit it seems you lose the indicator lights? That is sort of lame. What would be better is if that metal piece in the kit extended further in the middle then you could accommodate the other lights. I would think you could even make that piece if you had skills, which sadly I don't.

Actually you could make a metal one more in this shape:
but retain the two mounting holes seen here:

Now that would look quite nice.
wdietz186 wrote:The popular option is to use the 750 sport style instrument mountings. I believe Steve sells the pieces to do it.
swooshdave
Diana

Re: 860 GT dash options

Post by swooshdave »

This forum is not highly active so I apologize for bringing up some old posts.

This is the speedo only bracket on a 860GT. I'm going to try to copy it and make one that works with both instruments.

I need to show the underside, it's nicely made.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re:

Post by BevHevSteve »

confusa wrote:Oh, interesting. Looking at the kit it seems you lose the indicator lights? That is sort of lame.
nothing 'lost' with the sport dash, the sport used a separate L shaped piece on each indicator for that purpose, on the few that actually came from the factory with indicators that is. The sport dash kit I stock is an almost exact duplicate to the original sport dash, nothing lame about it.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
confusa
Diana

Post by confusa »

That is very nice indeed. A double one like that that would also accomodate the indicator lights would look super slick. You get up to fabbing somthing like that let me know as I like the clean look.
swooshdave wrote:This forum is not highly active so I apologize for bringing up some old posts.

This is the speedo only bracket on a 860GT. I'm going to try to copy it and make one that works with both instruments.

I need to show the underside, it's nicely made.
swooshdave
Diana

Post by swooshdave »

More pics.

Talked to a friend at work with some CNC toys in his garage. I just need to draw a dual dash up and he'll cut it.
confusa
Diana

Post by confusa »

Nice work indeed. If you can get a dual gauge one with the holes in the middle for the indicator lights I would love to have one.
swooshdave wrote:More pics.

Talked to a friend at work with some CNC toys in his garage. I just need to draw a dual dash up and he'll cut it.

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”