Bosch Ignitor Boxes

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
rwhc80
750 GT

Bosch Ignitor Boxes

Post by rwhc80 »

G'day all,

Has any of you had any experience repairing the Bosch Ignitor ( trigger ) boxes on a bevel ?
Spoke to a local guy here in Victoria today who advised he "can" rebuild them for the bargain price of just under $300 each.!!!! Obviously hand crafted from exotic precious metal & rewired with the hair from a Tibetan Yak.
My main query is, does anyone know what the actual part, or parts are that fail, and ultimately get replaced inside the unit ?
I do understand there may be A/M replacements, but would like to explore the OEM possibility first.
I do realise the unit is sealed, so assuming I can get inside and repair the body once rectified .
Thanks In advance
Rick.
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

http://shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=411

I have original units taken off previously running bikes on sale currently for just under $150 maybe I am way undercharging
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

Steve wallets or batterys?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

probably both. :oops: Actually, definately undercharging for that bosch box. So, I am going to leave the price as-is today, then tomorrow I am going to raise it back up to a bit under $200 as the price has been the same on these for at least 5 years....
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

OK,

Your call on that one Steve, But I am still looking for someone that can help with an explanation of what the workings are inside ???

Obviously if they are being repaired already, it can be done, and how many of these things have been thrown in the bin because we thought they were unrepairable.

This is a forum afterall to discuss and share information, and I for one, have picked up some great hints already from some of the postings from you guys, and thankfully, have managed to save a few bucks.

Don't know about the rest of you, but "Bill Gates I am not", so I buy the bits when I have to, but will look for an alternative if it's possible.

So come on guys, someone must have pulled one of these things to bits ?
Cheers Rick.
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”