500 Sport Desmo Wiring Diagram

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
TassieDevil
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

500 Sport Desmo Wiring Diagram

Post by TassieDevil »

Hi All,
Can anyone help with a wiring diagram for the 77 Sport Desmo version of the 500 parallel twin? This one is an Australian complianced bike.

I have a copy of the one on this site but the more I try to make sense of it the more I realise that Steve's diagram is different. Mainly wire colours are different which make it tricky to track things down. I also found where someone had posted the key to components to Steve's diagram but that does not match either.

I need to put indicators back on as they have been removed at some stage - some wiring is there but I am trying to work out where to put the flasher unit. Of course there have been some custom "modifications" over time that are not helping either.

Thanks
Gordon
regards

Gordon
350 sport desmo
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 350 sport desmo »

Hi fellow parallel twin owner,
I've posted a help post recently asking for some help identifying how to place the 4 wires on the back of the ignition switch for my 350 sport desmo.
I'm guessing yours will be the same.
Can I plead with you to send me a picture or colours of wires into 1 to 4 connectiors, or your wires going into the back of the switch, mine has 4 female connectors numbered 1 to 4 on the switch body.
Cheers mate if you can help, likewise from over here.
Tony
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

I scanned the 2 pics, but how do I get them for all to see ?
cu
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”