'76 900SS regulator connections

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
VentusA
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

'76 900SS regulator connections

Post by VentusA »

I am rebuilding a '76 900SS - a racer with minimal wiring. The regulator has 6 terminals labelled G G R B+ L C.
I know the two G(iallo)s are for the 2-wire alternator output, but I do not know where the others go. (I do not know if the charging system is working) The wiring diagram shows only four terminals - with red and orange - so is not much help.
Thanks.
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

wiring

Post by Lumpy »

I would have thought B+ would be the positive feed from the battery maybe. I think that just leaves and earth wire. What type of reg is it?
VentusA
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by VentusA »

I am a bit of an idiot....I solved this problem a long time ago and just forgot. I have owned this bike since 1978. I raced it in the early 80's in Ireland (it is now in California) and wired it up back then. The regulator is"Ducati Elettrotecnica", 12V 18A and stamped E16 (?). The point is that it looks like it has 6 spade terminal connectors in a black plastic strip, but on inspection two connectors do not exist. That leaves 4 G G B+ (battery +ve) and C (ground). Thanks!
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

Bit late but does this help from rebuild?

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”