JOD Headlight Lens question

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

JOD Headlight Lens question

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Hi All

I have found some one that can make me an exact copy for my Jod lens out of plastic , as usual I have a question for you all LOL ,,, Lets say I get a lens made up and I wanted to use it on the bike I would need to find a headlight globe that would generate a lot less heat. I have been told that he has not made a headlight lens before because of the heat issue, although he said during normal road use it should not cause any problems in traffic he said that the heat build up might be to much for the plastic lens and that it could sag

anyone know of cooler H4 globes that don't generate the same amount of heat ?
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Martin, if this guy can duplicate it out of plastic why can't he do it out of glass? or at least polycarb?
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Jordan, he said something to do with the chemical reaction when they do the pour and that there was a very fine line between a lens with or without bubbles in the end product. When I asked about making out of glass he said that I would need to track down a "Glass Molder" but he had no idea where to look for one
I might give him another call and ask him again about it
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I wonder how many bubbles...I could live with a couple small bubbles in a lens made of polycarb.

If his molds will withstand the heat and pressure it takes to form glass it should be no problem to find a glass worker. There are two art schools near me that offer glass working programs.
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

I would be interested in a plastic lens as most, if not all, of my riding on the SS is in daylight hours. Please keep me posted.
Ian

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”