ss headlight

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

nottonight68 wrote:would it be posible for someone to reproduce these lens'-i no nothing about glass making,but it would seem there is a market for them
I was thinking this too - I have a lens available as a pattern
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

thats a brave offer-!!-does the company still exist or original tooling still exist
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I have had some experience reproducing parts in the old car hobby. It is very cheap to make the parts...but to make the tooling can be in the thousands or tens of thousands depending on complexity.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

that was my point jordan-but i aint givin 1 of my lenses as a sample
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

leoleo has been banned so I reckon thats another light that will never see the light of day. Does anyone know what he wanted for it anyway?
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

He told me he was thinking AUD400 originally, but then with all the fleaBay action was seduced to thinking that a higher figure might be more appropriate. He said he'd fleaBay it. So hopefully it will reappear. He seemed a little highly strung when I PM'd him and took offence immediately at the offer I made him (more than AUD400). Shame. We could have negotiated something mutually beneficial I'm sure. Whatever.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

They are coming out of the woodwork now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-B ... ccessories Let's see how much this one fetches...the original box alone must be worth a $grand! :twisted:
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

Well, I'll be getting my reflector re-chromed, and when I get the bike back together...

I'll have to buy a new f*&%ing headlight _?_ because my old one was made by Michaelangelo!

On the other hand, the fact I restored it will probably reduce it's value...
Oh dear :roll:

More serious note...anyone got a source for the rivets that hold the mounting bosses on the headlamp shell? There's also a few little bits of brackets that need riveting back on as well.

Cheers!

Andy
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

nottonight68 wrote:jads started all this-it was only $600 when he first mentioned jod duplo :-D
i guess there had to be at least 2 bidders for the price to go that high-ergo there is still at least 1 person willing to pay big bucks for this part-i wouldnt be surprised to see another one surface on e bay shortly
yes jordan out of the wood work they come-it was always going to happen-hopefully as you predicted we'll have a glut of them to bring the price back to reality,but alas i think they have gone the way of the borrani rims-but if nothing else, this has prooved they are around-
cheers steve
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Here we go again, the last two sold for US $2,427.00 and US $2,377.00 how much will this one sell for

Guesses any one ???
I'll go first in saying this one will go for US $2,457.00
anyone else

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :middle:us
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

i'll go less than 2 grand-it does not include rim and screws
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

nottonight68 wrote:i'll go less than 2 grand-it does not include rim and screws
I'll guess $2001 ;)

Incidentally, the acetone trick worked great - I now have a loose piece of glass which is worth more than my car!

Any pointers on re-silvering the reflector?

Cheers,

Andy
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

i'll go $1750
i too have an expensive piece of glass-it seems the glass is the bit being paid for ,which takes us back to the question-reproduction of lens
rub back reflector with 1200 wet and dry emery-carefully
have it re-silvered or aluminium vaporised.
the interesting point to me on these jod auctions is we are about to find out what a rim is worth
cheers steve
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Here is another one, looks like everyone is cashing in on the big bux
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=014
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

anyone know what the jd headlight sold for on e bay today-i was workun and missed it

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”