900S2 Difficult to find parts

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
JohanM
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

900S2 Difficult to find parts

Post by JohanM »

1. Does anyone know where I can source the instrument lights on the dash for the 900S2, They are rectangular/square green, red, yellow/orange.

2. Rear indicator lens. Got one indicator complete and the other one is missing the lens????

Thanks

Johan
900 S2 1983
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

please post a photo of the bits you are after
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
JohanM
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by JohanM »

Lets see if I can do this picture thing.

The instrument lights that I am referring too are between the speedo and rev counter.

Thanks
900 S2 1983
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Ahh yes the old idiot light , they can be hard to come by at times but do pop up from time to time ,

Which ones are you after I have some spare ones that will be converted to led soon
JohanM
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by JohanM »

As you can see I need to replace all of mine. It is not that clear on the photo but I have already drilled some of the lenses and started using LED's instead. So in the end I would like to replace all of them.

Martin, you say you want to convert to LED soon. Do you have any info on where/how/what/cost etc.

Thanks
900 S2 1983
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

I bought 100 Led's with resistors they didnt cost that much from memory only about AU$20 landed from some seller of Fleabay in Hong Kong

Hardest part is separating the lens from the whitish lower section , you cant just use led's as they will burn out this is what the resistors are for, to step the voltage back down

Dont drill anymore as these are already scars as hens teeth and for a working one expect to pay at least AU$40+ when they come up for sale on fleabay

just convert your own and be done with it its not hard just very time consuming as you will find out when you do your
DaveDare
Mariana

Post by DaveDare »

Apart from what Martin says which sounds like a good option and of course what Steve has in stock, you could try Phil at Road and Race in Australia. He seems to have an amazing collection of original parts, at least whenever I call he seems to have the part on hand. the website is:

http://www.roadandrace.com.au/

Best to send an email or call as the website sucks so far as finding stuff. I think it's due to the amount of stuff they have.

Hope that helps.

Dave::

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”