Replacement ignition plate '75 SS

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Floss
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Replacement ignition plate '75 SS

Post by Floss »

I have a spare electronic ignition plate (ducati electronica) type I am thinking about rewinding as a precaution. Has anybody had experience with the Silent Hektik units in these bikes. They are very expensive (AUD1750) If I am going to spend money on the ignition I would also prefer to get a better ignition advance. I believe these original units have a single advance step at about 1800 rpm.

Any comments/experiences appreciated.

Floss
seddy
Mariana

Post by seddy »

i have a silent hectic system on my 77, so far I am very happy with it, it has been floating around in hot engine oil for about 2 years now without any trouble.
hudo
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by hudo »

Gday
My stator packed it in on 75 750ss and had it replaced on a change over basis from a bloke in sydney who rebuilds the original plate with better componets and they look like the original item, cost meabout $250 aust. I was quoted these huge amounts for other types of units when it happened , problem is i have lost his address at the moment, if any one wants it i will try to track it down. Regards Hudo
Anyhow its just a motorcycle

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”