Electrex UK

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
HughM
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Electrex UK

Post by HughM »

I have been doing battle with Electrex UK regarding the purchase of an RR51 regulator/rectifier for my '80 900SS.

This component does not work on my bike and according to John Fallon of Mdina Italia probably never will.

Can I get Electrex to offer any constructive help (other than 'send us your alternator and the RR51 and we'll test if for you').

Several emails later, I have found them to be unresponsive and so I will have to return it as faulty.

I suggest that ANYONE that needs this component for their bike finds an alternative supplier. My experience demonstrates that their priority is making money, not looking after their customers. Not sure what Electrex USA will think of this......................

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Hugh
jsey
Mariana

Electrex

Post by jsey »

Hi Hugh
I've installed the same unit without any results as well but haven't had the time to address it yet. Why does John say it will never work?
HughM
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Electrex

Post by HughM »

Hi JSey

Just picked up your post. John just could not get it to work! If he can't, nobody can. Electrex have been very difficult and so I have taken it to Trading Standards under "Fit for Purpose" (hence the long delay). Your support may come in useful to us both if you're willing to get involved?

Maybe get in touch if you're interested, but no pressure!

Regards

Hugh
jsey
Mariana

Post by jsey »

Hi
So all the years later how did you resolve it?

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”