turn signals on 750GT

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Mikeyj
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

turn signals on 750GT

Post by Mikeyj »

Can anybody help? I have rewired a 750Gt using the lefthand switchgear from a VTR Honda 1000. Everything works fine (main/dip beam, flash, parking lights and horn) but I can't get the turn signals to function. I have bought aftermarket items which have a 10w bulb and fitted a 8/10w relay but nothing happens! I can get the turn signals to light up and change sides using the switch but as soon as the relay is introduced......nothing. Am I missing a trick here? I have tried a 3 pin relay (live, earth and switch) and a 2 pin relay (earth/switch and live) but no luck. The bike is an early model with the 3 wire alternator and no fins on the regulator if this has any bearing. Any thoughts at all on this would be very much appreciated as it is slowly driving me insane!
Cheers

Mikej
750sport
Mariana

Post by 750sport »

Electrics, they are a headache. I suggest you take it to an auto electrician. At least in my case the time I spend trying to nut our the logic of wiring and the switch it makes sense to take it to someone that can do it in a couple of hours.

Wirral hey....close to Davida?
Den
Mach 3

Re: turn signals on 750GT

Post by Den »

.....I can get the turn signals to light up and change sides using the switch but as soon as the relay is introduced......nothing.
Here is what I would do. Remove one complete rear turnsignal and remove the flasher unit. Using a 12v battery and a couple of jumper wires, try and see if you can get that one signal to flash. Then you will know how you will need to wire everything up.
Mikeyj
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Mikeyj »

Thanks for the replies and apologies for not answering sooner......working away from home for a couple of weeks.
Turns out the honda switch has a common earth so there was no need to earth the relay itself. All working now.
750Sport, yes I live in Birkenhead so Davida is only a couple of miles away. Do you need something picking up?
750sport
Mariana

Post by 750sport »

MUST ignore the urge to spend more at Davida, MUST be strong.........

I'll let you Mikeyj, thanks for your offer.

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”