Blown Headlight

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
glenrob
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Blown Headlight

Post by glenrob »

:? What the? Went for a ride on the SS today and everything was going great until I noticed that the green light on the dash was trying desperately hard to change colour (white I think). Checked the headlight and low beam was no longer working. Changed the globe and it too is trying to turn white at anything above idle. Im sure the regulator is shot. Seem to remember posts regarding this subject a couple of years back, (different style too I notice) but my memory isn't that good. Does anyone have a sure fire fix for the problem that doesn't look out of place with the sidecovers off. It is a '76' 750
Thanks in advance, regards Glenn.
seddy
Mariana

Post by seddy »

have a look here,

http://www.electrexusa.com/
glenrob
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by glenrob »

:-D Fixed. Contacted Road & Race here in Aus and they promptly sent me a reconditioned original exchange( just like a new one and within 2 working days). Only thing was that the exchange regulator didn"t fix the problem. At 4000 rpm the charging system was reading 19.6v at the battery. Turns out that it wasn't the regulator at all. An auto electrician found that the battery was faulty, and a new one has cured my hair pulling exercises (not that I have alot left. I HAVE owned the bike since new).
Something for you all to remember for the future. ( No, not my hair)
Thanks though for the reply seddy. Although electrex are most likely alot more reliable than the Duc part, I like the fact that we can still access the genuine looking article.
PS. Contacted Phil at Road & Race and told him of the cure. He is currently finding my old regulator to exchange back for the one he sent. Great customer service that doesn"t occur too often these days.
Regards Glenn

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”